TGIF! Happy weekend everyone. If you have special plans we have the perfect tutorial for you. Learn how to create a bouncy blowout and a pretty smokey eye look at home. Hope you all get to have some fun and celebrate love with your favorite people this weekend. Happy Valentine's Day!
Start with clean dry hair
1. Separate top from bottom with a 2 in section off of your part starting at your hairline to the crown . This hair will be curled back and away from your face. If you have a deep side part you might need an additional section (which would be curled under and away from your face) on your heavy side to balance the top from the bottom.
2. On the bottom take large sections and curl each side under and away from your face.
3. Separate the top section horizontally into two and curl back, set each curl by rolling up and using a metal clip or bobby pin to secure.
4. Lightly comb through the bottom section with your fingers to loosen the curls.
5. Once cool, let down the top, shake at the roots with your fingers and part where desired.
6. Finish with your favorite hairspray.
Now for the makeup!
We created this smokey eye look using the Urban Decay naked palettes but you can use any neutral shadow palette you like. Here are the links to all the products we used:
100 Percent Pure Organic Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream, Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer, Hourglass Illusion Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free SPF 15, Shade: Ivory, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder, Shade: Dim Light, Bare Minerals The Magic Act Eye and Cheek Palette, Shades: The Natural High (Blusher) +The Premiere (Highlighter), Tarte Amazonian Clay Mineral Bronzer, Tarte Clean Slate 360 Creaseless 12 Hour Soothing Eye Primer, Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse, Urban Decay Naked Palette 3, Urban Decay Naked Palette, Physicians Formula Eye Booster Serum Eye Liner, BeautyCounter Lip Sheer, Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss
1. Clean and moisturize face and then apply eye cream under eyes and prime face with mineral primer.
2. Dot tinted moisturizer over face, cheek, nose, forehead, and chin. Blend with a blending brush from the center out.
3. For a smokey eye look, start with the eyes and apply primer. Completing the eyes first will allow you to clean up the cheeks and under eye area with out compromising any blusher, contouring, or under eye concealing.
4. Apply Virgin (a satin finish cream) in the inner corner and brow bone using a flat eye shadow brush.
5. Next apply Liar (a shimmery mauve) all over the lid.
6. Next using a fluffy eye shadow brush similar to the MAC 217, apply dark side (satin dark brown taupe) in the crease. Blend out using a clean fluffy eye brush towards the end of the eye brow and up towards the brow bone so there are no harsh lines.
7. Then apply Darkhorse (shimmery medium brown) in the outer-V of the eye and blend with a brush like the MAC 217, again use a clean fluffy brush to blend.
8. Next apply Burnout (satin peach) by smudging it all along the lower lash line. Then use Darkhorse and Darkside to smudge the lower line to balance out the smokiness up to the middle of the pupil.
9. Take a clean fluffy face brush and brush away any fall out from the eye shadow. Fill in your eyebrows with your favorite powder or pencil. Then apply under eye concealer and lightly set the face with powder.
10. Apply bronzer, blush, and highlighter and finish the look with a lipstick and gloss!
11. Lastly, apply liquid eyeliner and apply mascara.
Tada! Special thanks to Jane our Hairstylist and Kate our makeup artist! Hope you enjoyed this tutorial and get a chance to try it soon.
-Cherry, Clarissa, Jane, Jeannette